There is nothing more disconcerting than being stuck with a mayor who does not care about his constituents as much as his own campaign coffers.
Mayor de Blasio is such a mayor. Time after time, he accepts campaign donations in exchange for personal favors and questionable motives, and was investigated by federal authorities.
Does this seem like the kind of mayor we want to represent us? Did we authorize our Mayor to trade government favors and operate on a quit pro quo basis with large corporate and private donors?
Putting his questionable motives aside, let’s examine his record as Mayor so far:
- Homelessness has increased sharply, with no end in sight, and the Mayor has spent millions on failed programs and ideas
- Willing to sacrifice hundreds of millions of dollars of federal funding in the name of protecting NYC’s label as a Sanctuary City
- He is out of touch with the needs of NYC Public School Students, taking funding from the United Federation of Teachers and putting the needs of special interests above the needs of our students.
- Quality of life in NYC has been downgraded, due to narrowed streets, unnecessary bike lanes, crowded bus lanes, overwhelming traffic and noise
- At war with Governor Cuomo
- Will not recognize the importance of School Choice
- A consistent record of laziness – late to meetings (if he shows up at all), arrives for work at 12 noon, etc.
- His 421 - a real estate tax credit agenda failed in Albany
- Supported Keith Ellison – a known anti-semite - for DNC Chair